This knowledge article may contain information that does not apply to version 21.05 or later which runs in a container environment. Please refer to Article Number 000385088
for more information about troubleshooting BMC products in containers.
The following are Best Practice items to check to ensure successful UDM jobs execution.
· Escalations are enabled on the server
· UDM:Config form has the Atrium Integrator Engine Server name
· UDM:RAppPassword has the password for the 'Remedy Application Service' User
· System Configuration Settings has Data Management load file path (local to server)
· Application Preferences - has user level Data Management preference settings
Set Wait in Job Steps
· Wait adds a pause to a step and gives you an opportunity to review and fix data/issues before that step is performed
· With a wait on Validate and promote step present, it gives the opportunity to verify that:
o All the data was loaded to the staging forms
§ If no data was loaded due to a pentaho config or other issue
· Correct the issue, cancel the job & copy to new and re-run
· Atrium integrator job level can be changed for more detailed logging (found from Job Console) before the job is copied and re-run.
o If not all the data was imported correctly and many records missing or in correct data
§ Cancel the job, copy to a new one, edit and fix the spreadsheet(s), reattach to the necessary load steps of the new job and run this job
o Once all the data has loaded correctly, the waits can be removed on the validate steps
§ If there are any validation errors then you can correct them using the Error Management within the Data Management tool and simply re-run the same job from validate
Cleanup Load form Data
· It is recommended to delete Load form data after bulk data loads
· Cancelled job data should also be deleted from load forms
Formatting issues in spreadsheets
· This happens when data is copied from another source and pasted to UDM spreadsheets and over writing the formatting.
· Two types of issues:
o Integer value coming (copied) from an integer column pasted to a text column in the spreadsheet
o Text value copied from character/text column and pasted to an integer column in the spreadsheet
o Copy all the number converted to text in a new excel sheet (e.g. A1)
o In next cell on the right (B1) type =concatenate(A1)
o Drag the formula for all cells
o Copy and paste "Values" back to the main spreadsheet