Starting Midtier 9.1.04 and further, patches and hotfixes are designed to be applied using the BMC Remedy Deployment Management Console. However, there are some instances where this process is not available like using Midtier 9.1.04 or newer against an older AR Server. How can the hotfix be applied manually?
1. Download the Hotfix or patch package. For ex: MT_9104P2_20180522_CU_ALL.zip
2. Using the 7zip or Winzip utilities, unzip to a temporary location such as c:\temp
The original zip file will need to be drilled down as follows:
MT_9104P2_20180522_CU_ALL.zip unzips to a directory called MT_9104P2_20180522_CU_ALL
Drill down into the MT_9104P2_20180522_CU_ALL
Locate the D2P_midtierARS_9.1.04.002-S201805222337180522.zip file.
Unzip the D2P_midtierARS_9.1.04.002-S201805222337180522.zip.
The first directory level will be an unlabeled directory. Open that to find the _items.zip file.
Unzip the _items.zip file. There will be another unlabeled directory.
Open that to find another directory labeled with the product GUID, IDGAA5V0GEOPXAPJFZO5PIJ097QBBN
Open the IDGAA5V0GEOPXAPJFZO5PIJ097QBBN directory,
Open the ARSystemSinglePointDeploymentPayload_1527050467 directory
Open find and extract the midtier_common_0.zip
The midtier_common_0.zip containst to directories: resources and WEB-INF.
3. Stop the Tomcat supporting the midtier application
4. Make a backup copy of the midtier/resources directory structure and the midtieir/WEB-INF directory structure.
5. Extract the contents of the midtier_common_0.zip to the midtier directory. It will overwrite the files updated by the hotfix and leave in place the files that are not updated.
6. Clear the contents of the midtier/cache directory
7. Restart Tomcat.
Please note that these instructions were written for the May 22 hotfix for Midtier 9.1.04 patch 002. If manually applying a later hotfix, the file and directory names will change but the directions will still apply.
+Other unzip utilities may work some default OS utilities would fail and consider the long path names problematic