I have no space left on the drive where my master, How can I move the folders ../data/Vision64database/packages and/or ../data/Vision64database/patches to a different drive?
1- Move all the packages or patches to a different drive:
- make a backup of the folders you want to move, and a backup of your DB, just in case it'd fail at the middle of the process
- edit the file ../master/config/vision64database.ini you will find in the install folder of our agent on your master
- add the following line to its section "[Directories]" to move the ../data/Vision64database/packages folder into the folder D:/Packages:
- add the following line to its section "[Directories]" to move the ../data/Vision64database/patches folder into the folder D:/Patches:
Patches=D:/Patches- restart the service of our agent on the master
Datas contained in these folders will move to their new destination folder automatically at service restart. This might take some time if these folders contain a lot of datas, be patient.
2- Create a soft symbolink link:
- stop the service of our agent
- move the folder to a different drive
- create a symbolic link from the old path to the new one:
3- Use a patch repository:
This will allow to move some patches only to a different drive, if you don't want to move them all. Check the KA 000114909 for more information.